June 30, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Township, 2200 N California Ave, Chicago
$10-$20 at the door, sliding scale
Join us for an evening of music and conversation, an update about our work on the upcoming issue of AREA: Issue 15 and check out the newly added silent auction items!
Asian-Fusion dinner for up to 4 : Alice Kim and chef friends offer an Asian-fusian dinner at her place.
Hyderabadi –inspired dinner for up to 4: Mohamed Mehdi will host a multi course meal inspired by traditional Hyderabadi recipes. Music, ideas and stories, as well as drinks will also be shared.
Garden Dinner for 4 : Jayne Hileman will offer Seasonal vegetable dishes, appetizers from Tamiz’s recipes and local beers eaten in a gorgeous garden. Vegetables are coming from a weekly CSA share from Montalbano Farms, in Sandwich, Il.
Gift Certificate to Township for 2 as well as a Case of Lagunitas Beer & gear
Additional items for sale: AREA Tshirts and ChiChiCo “Color Me Rad” Coloring Books.
- a performance by Elephant Rebellion
- the premiere of “Whole Lotta Love”, an audio project collaboration between Elephant Rebellion and Francesco De Salvatore for AREA #15: a story about how the death of John Vietnam spurred a movement of young artists seeking to reimagine a better world though hip-hop.
- A report-back from ChoChiCo on the Allied Media Conference
- A short presentation and highlights from the upcoming issue and conversations with some of the editors and contributors
- Light snacks and refreshments provided by Township and AREA
The space is wheelchair accessible and the event is multi-generational. We kindly ask for a $10-$20 cash donation at the door. Help us raise the funds to print the next issue! Donations are also always welcome online via http://areachicago.org/donate/
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1626185821001557/